I’m not a fan of using my mouse, preferring to use a keyboard shortcut whenever possible. Thus, I was quite happy to discover that you can set up a keyboard shortcut to display the Notification Center on your Mac. No more needing to click on the menubar icon.
Quick Guide: To Create a Notification Center Shortcut
- Select > System Preferences from the menu.
- Click the Keyboard icon.
- Click the Shortcuts tab on top of the screen.
- Click Mission Control in the left pane.
- Click the checkbox next to Show Notification Center.
- Click in the right column and type in the keystroke combination. In the example below, I am using: Ctrl + Option + Command + N.
Whenever you type in this keyboard shortcut, the Notification Center will display on the right side of your screen.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Logitech Accessories on Sale Today for Amazon’s Deal of the Day
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables