I received an e-mail from someone yesterday who wanted to know how to change their menu bar from the pale green color that it is currently displaying.
The reason your menu bar might appear green (or another pale color), is because its appearance is set to translucent. Thus, the color that is behind it is bleeding through — in this case, the Mavericks Desktop image. You can easily remove this setting from System Preferences.
Quick Guide: Turn off Translucent Menu Bar
- Select > Preferences from the menu.
- Click the Desktop & Screensave icon.
- Click the Desktop tab on top of the page.
- Uncheck the box next to Translucent menu bar.
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app