Someone recently asked me if there’s away to turn off the splatting noise that your Mac makes when you’re turning up or down your computer’s volume. Typically, each time you press the volume up key or the volume down key, your Mac makes this noise, which some people find annoying.
To turn off the “splatting” noise when adjusting the volume, hold down the Shift key as you press the volume up and down buttons. No more splats.
Another way to noiselessly adjust your volume is to click the *Volume* icon in the menulet bar (on the top right of your screen) and drag the slider until the desired volume is attained.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application