When you type a search term in the Address Bar of Safari, by default it uses the Google search engine. If you prefer to use the Yahoo or Bing search engine (rumor has it the Duck Duck Go search engine will be available in the next version of Safari), you can change the default from Safari’s preferences.
Quick Guide: To Change Safari’s Default Search Engine
- Click Safari ➪ Preferences from the menu.
- Click General on top of the Window.
- Click the Default Search Engine drop-down list and choose Google, Yahoo or Bing from the list.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Apple’s Best of 2014