With iOS 10, you can now close all tabs in Safari at once with just a couple of taps – no more clicking on the “x” for each tab you have open, which becomes tedious if you work like I do and tend to have a ton of open browser tabs.
To close all tabs at once in Mobile Safari
- Click the Tabs icon in the Safari app to display the open tabs window.
- Long-press on the Done button.
- Tap Close [Number of Open Tabs] Tabs.
With only a couple of keystrokes, you can also close every tab at once in Safari for Mac except for one. To close the last tab, simply exit Safari or press Command + W to close the last window but keep Safari open.
To close all tabs at once in Safari for Mac
- Click the tab you want to remain open.
- Right-click the tab of the active window.
- Click Close Other Tabs from the contextual menu. Every tab except for the active tab will close.