If you are getting too many new e-mail alerts in Notification Center, you can change your Apple Mail preferences settings to only notify you if you receive messages from people you have added to your VIP list. Other options include Inbox Only, Contacts, All Mailboxes or one of your specific Smart Mailboxes.
To Set New E-mail Notification Preferences
- Open the Apple Mail application.
- Click Mail on the menu and then click Preferences.
- Click the General tab.
- Click the New message notifications: drop-down list.
- Choose Inbox Only, VIP’s, Contacts, All Mailboxes or one of your SmartFolder
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables