When performing a Spotlight search, Mountain Lion generates a small preview of the search item when you move your mouse over the item in the results list. I mentioned in a previous post that you can find File information about the file (including the path) by moving your mouse over the preview and pressing the ⌘ + I keystroke combination. This displays the Get Info window.
There’s even a quicker way to display the location of the file. Move your mouse pointer over the preview in the Spotlight results list and then press the ⌘ + Option (or Alt) keystroke combination. The file path will display on the bottom of the preview window.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Logitech Accessories on Sale Today for Amazon’s Deal of the Day
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application