Depending on your screen resolution and your eyesight, you may find it difficult to read the text of Finder items. Luckily, you can increase the size of Finder item text as well as increase the size of the icons from the View Options menu (off of the View menu) on the Finder.
Note that the changes you make will only pertain to the active folder. If you wish to make the changes permanent across all folders, click the Use as Defaults button on the bottom of the View Options menu.
To Increase the Text Size of Finder Items
- Click Finder icon on the Dock.
- Click View on the Finder menu. and click Show View Options
Press the ⌘ + J keystroke combination.
- Click the Text Size drop-down list and choose the desired size from the list.
- To increase icon size, click the radio button underneath the larger icon size.
- To keep these settings across all folders, click the Use as Defaults button of the bottom of the View Options window.
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Apple’s Best of 2014