Happy Thanksgiving for all my American friends who celebrate!
Just a quick Apple mail tip today. There are times when we want to set a messages in folder as Read or Unread. For instance, I have a folder called “Actionable” in which I like to keep all the message marked as unread, even if I have read them. This lets me quickly know how many items I have yet to do. Likewise, I may have messages that I have no intention of reading or acting upon. In this case, I will select these messages and mark them all as read.
To toggle a message as read or unread, press the ⌘ + Shift + U keystroke combination. It if is read, it will be marked as unread. If it is unread, it will be marked as read.
To toggle an entire folder as read or unread, press the ⌘ + A keystroke combination to select all the messages in the folder and then use the ⌘ + Shift + U shortcut to toggle the read status of all of the selected messages.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Happy Holidays
- No Post Today
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application