In OS X, you can view file information by selecting a file using the ⌘ + I keystroke combination to display the Get Info window. But did you know that you can display information for multiple files?
To do so, select the files in the Finder whose information you wish to view and then press the ⌘ + ⌥ + I keystroke combination (Command + Option + I). With the Get Info window open, you can then use your arrow keys to navigate through the folder, adding additional files to the information in the Get Info window.
This shortcut is especially handy if you want to quickly obtain information such as total file size for a specific group of files.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app