One exception to this however, is Microsoft Office programs. To enter special characters or symbols into office documents, you would use the Symbol Browser.
To Insert Special Characters or Symbols into Microsoft Office Documents
- Set the insertion point at the location in the document where you wish to insert your character.
- Click Insert on the menu, point to Symbol and then click Symbol Browser to display the Symbol Browser dialog box.
- Click the drop-down list in the window and choose the category of symbol you want
Select All Symbols from the list
- Click the symbol you want to insert. It will be placed at the insertion point in the document.
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app