Every time you empty the trash in Mac OS X, you receive a warning message asking you if you are sure you want to permanently erase the items in your trash. If you are one of those folks who finds this warning box annoying, you will be happy to know you can turn it off from either the Finder Preferences window or by entering in a Terminal command.
To Stop Showing Warning Before Emptying Trash from Finder Preferences
- Select Finder > Preferences from the Finder menu.
- Click Advanced on top of the Finder Preferences window.
- Ensure that the checkbox next to “Show Warning before Emptying Trash” is unchecked
To Stop Showing Warning Before Emptying Trash using a Terminal Command
- Open the Terminal application from the Utilities folder
- Enter the following command: defaults write com.apple.finder WarnOnEmptyTrash -bool false
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables