Awhile back, I stumbled upon a nifty little file renaming utility called Name Mangler and I now use it constantly.
What it does is provides powerful batch naming features such as:
- Number Sequentially
- Change Case
- Set Extension
- Add Prefix/Suffix
- Remove/Insert Characters
What I like about the Name Mangler, is that it actually shows you a preview of the new name before it actually renames the files. This way, you can back out if the result is not what you anticipated.
To choose the files you want to rename, you can either drag them to the Name Manger window or choose File > Populate with Current Finder Selection, which will add any files that you currently have selected in the Finder to the Name Mangler window.
- Apple’s Best of 2014
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application