The latest update for Andreas Amann’s GV Connect app was made available in the App Store yesterday. If you are not familiar with GV Connect, it allows you to place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number as well as send and receive text messages from your Google Voice number for free. With the app, you can interact with your Google Voice account from your iPhone or iPad without having to logon to the Web site. I find it to be quite a handy app, especially seeing that I use Google Voice for all my texting. I also like the ability to listen to my voice mail messages right from my device.
This new version (1.9.3) adds the new “iPhone Dialer” calling method for the iPhone, which allows you to place calls using your iPhone’s number as the Caller ID. It also fixes a couple of bug issues.
You can check out the App in the App Store HERE
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature