Microsoft has now made available Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac Service Pack 2, which brings the version to 14.2. This update provides various fixes to Microsoft Office 2011 and contains stability and reliability improvements.
According the Microsoft, some of the improvements are:
- Document Connection support for SkyDrive documents is improved
- Drag & drop feature in Document Connection is added in Mac OS X Lion
- Improvements to SharePoint upload functionality
- Grammar checker improvements
- Outlook database & rebuild utility are improved
- IMAP account sync (including syncing with Google) is improved
- Exchange Mail sync is improved
- Calendar scheduling resources is improved
- Outlook for Mac performance in key scenarios is improved
- Week numbers added to calendar display
- Functionality for pasting special hyperlinks added for PowerPoint
- Full Screen View in Lion now supported in PowerPoint
- Printing PDF faxes is improved in Word
- Display of user information in Word templates is improved
- And much more….
Before you run the update, your Mac should be running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
You can download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.2 update page HERE
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app