If you spend a lot of time working in the Finder, you may wish to know about a nifty feature that works similar to the Dock. That is, you can drag any folder or file icon directly to the Finder toolbar, giving it the same functionality as the Dock.
For instance, if there is a folder that you access constantly, you can drag it to the toolbar so that it will be available from every Finder window. Likewise, you can drag application icons or file icons to the toolbar as well for quick access.
This tip is especially handy if you typically keep the Dock hidden while you work.
- Turn TextEdit into a Word Processor by Inserting Tables
- Read Web Pages Offline using Safari’s Reading List Feature
- Create Links to an E-mail Messages in the Notes app
- Sync Google Contacts with your Mac’s Contacts application
- Introducing Daily Mac Tips Courses